Sunday, February 20, 2011

Maia is missing!?

Monday is usually my cleaning day.  While I am cleaning Misa usually plays with toys or does some art work on the dinning table.  Maia usually follows me wherever I go or she plays with a ball in the hall way. I can usually hear them playing and know that they are doing okay.  Well, this Monday while I was cleaning I realized that I don't hear Maia anymore.  So I walked around the house to see what she was doing.  I called her name, but no answer.  Where could she be? I went to Misa's room to look for her first, but I didn't see her there so I went to our master bedroom next.  No Maia there either.  Where was she? I knew Maia wasn't in the bathrooms and laundry room because that's where I was working before I lost Maia.  Then I heard, "Ah! Ah! Ah! (Woof! Woof! Woof!)"  It was Maia making the puppy sound!  Puppy?? The only place I knew the puppy could be was in Misa's room.  Really?  So I went back to Misa's room one more time.
Sure enough Maia was there playing.  She was there the whole time.  She was just buried with toys and stuffed animals.  This is what happens when Misa doesn't clean up her toys:)


Later that day Misa put toys away and helped me vacuum her room (after all the crying and whining:).
When she got done, she was very proud and so was I.  I gave Misa a big hug and a fruit snack (that was one of the deals I had with her).  It seemed like everything was going well until Maia disappeared again!  
While Misa was eating fruit snacks and watching a show Maia went back to Misa's room and started playing... so once again Misa's room was filled with toys and stuffed animals!

Putting kid's toys away is kind of pointless, but I still have to teach Misa to clean after herself so I guess this is how it goes for a while... until Maia learns to put toys away in a toy box.







2 comments:

  1. That is adorable! And funny! Cute girls! You're right about the clean up thing... it is pointless, but necessary... sort of like making your bed when you're just going to get back in it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO funny!! i know i'm a couple days late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY to that little cutie! i can't believe she's already one!

    ReplyDelete