I tried to create lots of indoor activities (crafts, puzzles, coloring, play-doh, watching movies, singing, dancing...), but still it wasn't enough! Misa got so bored and whiny. She kept asking me things that we couldn't do that day like visiting friends and grandparents (the closest grandparents are 3 1/2 hours away). She asked for a movie that we had to go see in the movie theater. She asked me to make Disneyland with the play-doh (I am not that talented!). I told her that I can't do all those, and she started crying. What was so helpful was that Maia joined Misa for crying because she was tired, but couldn't fall asleep! I didn't know what to do!! I was so ready to scream and say, "Give me a break!" Then I realized that I needed to calm myself first. So I said a quick prayer in my bedroom. When I got done with the prayer I didn't hear kids crying or whining. I thought maybe Maia put herself to sleep and Misa was playing with toys nicely... WRONG! When I went back to the kitchen, Misa was standing on a chair by the sink and was getting ready to dump the water into the floor. Maia was eating paper which I have no idea where she got it from. That was NOT what I wanted to see, however, Misa gave me a great idea. I knew exactly what these wild kids needed to do! Bath time!! It was 1:00 pm, but nobody has taught me that I can't bathe my kids in the early afternoon:)
I told Misa that she can take some non-bath toys because it's a special day (I tried to help her think that it is still a wonderful day). She came back with the play-doh and said, "Can I take this to the bath?" Well... I had to say "no" to that one, but thankfully she was okay with that. She ended up taking an elephant watering pot and some measuring cups (from her toy kitchen). Misa and Maia actually played together very nicely in the bath tub. They had so much fun!
Tea Party
Misa is pouring tea for Maia
"Here you go, Maia. Drink!"
note: Maia really did drink some...
After the bath, everything seemed to settle down more. Misa was able to find some TV show that she wanted to watch. Maia took a nap for one hour. Finally, I got to finish laundry and got dinner prepared.
By the end of the day I was exhausted, but when I looked back to rethink of the day, I felt happy and peace in my heart. I knew I got the answer to my prayer. I was still blessed even though it was a crazy day for me. So in the end I guess I still love being a mom. I just had to pray before I went to bed that night that kids will be nicer to me the next day:)
Warm water solves a lot of problems. I used to put myself in time out and either pray for guidance or cry.... or both.
ReplyDeleteyou're such a good mom! it sounds like you were truly inspired!
ReplyDelete