Sunday, January 2, 2011

Merry Christmas!

For the first time we had our own Christmas at home.  It is always fun to visit family to spend this special time of the year, but I must say that our first Christmas all to ourselves was AMAZING! Ward and I were able to continue working on our gift projects until midnight (you'll see the pictures below), and we also started a new family tradition of picking one Christmas song from a music box to sing before we go to bed. There were 7 songs that Misa knew enough to sing with us.  Misa is a wonderful singer, and I am wondering how many more songs we will be able to add to the music box next year.

This is our super daddy working in our garage!

Ward's project: cardboard kitchen (I made the curtain:)

My project: fleece blanket and apron to go with the kitchen

Music box:each picture has a song on the back
On Christmas Eve Misa got to watch some Christmas movies while Ward and I were busy doing other stuff, but obviously Misa got bored so she started pretending to be a Santa Clause.  What exactly was she doing?  Of course, she was giving presents to everyone saying,"Ho! Ho! Ho!".
Misa on a sleigh with a reindeer(?)
 After we had a dinner Misa and Maia put on their new pajamas from Grandpa & Grandma Pickens and we went for a ride to see all the Christmas lights around the neighborhood.  It was very pretty and also interesting.  I was just amazed to see some people really put a lot of effort and money into lights and decorations outside the house.  Well, thanks to them we enjoyed them very much!
Matching Tinker Bell pajamas


Ward hid the kitchen in the back of our mini van before the driving.  Kids had no idea their gift was so close to them:)

Amazing lights!



On Christmas morning we all got up excited (even Ward and I).  It was fun to see Misa find her kitchen and her new bike.  Misa wanted to keep playing with the kitchen so much that she didn't care about the other gifts that were still wrapped.  Maia still had no idea what this is all about.  All she cared about was reaching ornaments on the Christmas tree to put in her mouth!  Because she went back there everyday and heard us saying "No, No, No!" with our finger pointed she learned to turn back to check if we are watching her or not before she actually does it!  She is getting too smart...

Now Christmas is over and I miss it already, but there is a warm feeling still in me.  The time I spent with my husband and my daughters was so precious and valuable.  There definitely was a love in our home.  The kind of love Heavenly Father has for us.  I am very blessed.  I hope all our family and friends also felt this love through this Christmas season.

Here are some more pictures of our Christmas...
A gift from Misa to daddy





Somehow Maia's pants didn't stay on.
It was funny:)










       








5 comments:

  1. Asuka! I am so excited to started a blog! I don't update mine as often as I should, but it is fun reading about what everyone is up to! Looks like you had a great Christmas! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your blog - we always enjoy catching up on what everyone is doing. The girls are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing the adorable, everyday pictures of my beautiful grandchildren. Blogs make it so easy to watch them grow up even when I can't be with them very often! Thanks so much for getting on the Blog Train!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! I am excited, too! I just hope I will update often enough. Kids give me enough stories and funny pictures everyday so I guess it's up to me:)

    ReplyDelete