I suggested that Misa make a refreshment for us. She was super excited! Misa has been interested in working in the kitchen with me for a while now. She went to her room to grab the apron I made for her for Christmas, and washed her hands. She was so ready to start!
I needed to think of some dessert that she can easily make. Something that we don't need the hot oven for... fruit-cream pie!! (A recipe from my mom!) She did an awesome job, and I am so proud of her. She is so pro now that she can show you how to make this yummy pie!
"First, you make graham cracker crumbs."
"Well, this way is a little bit easier."
"Next, you whip the cream without the sugar."
"Then you cut all the fruits you want."
"I need to taste to make sure it's yummy."
"You spread cracker crumbs, then whipped cream, then pie filling (basically sugar and butter), and finally the fruit."
"We are almost there! Add more whipped cream and cracker crumbs, and then..."
"...decorate with black berries!"
"tah-daaaaah!"
When Ward came home from school that day, the first thing Misa said to him was, "Daddy, I have a surprise for you!" It sure made Ward happy and proud.
I loved watching my little girl cooking like a big girl. She already knows that yummy food can make people happy. She is one talented cook! Keep up the good work, Misa!
Emma loves to cook too. We will have to try this out- she would love it! Misa is so cute!! Can't wait to see you again. When would be a good time to come down for a visit? Before it gets too hot:)
ReplyDeleteThank you Jaci! We would love to see you guys, too. Ward's schedule is crazy, but you guys are welcome anytime:) He will do his best to spend time with us I'm pretty sure.
ReplyDelete